VascularStrategies is a provider of state-of-the-art in vitro and in vivo assessment of mediators of cardiovascular diseases for drug discovery and development, with cost effective and time saving strategies utilizing proprietary mechanistic assays. We are a complete resource for functional testing and development of therapeutic candidates for lipid, lipoprotein and metabolic disorders, HDL function, inflammatory markers and CAD. We support programs across the entire drug development spectrum for pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and CRO partners with an extensive repertoire of Biomarkers for Cardiovascular Assessments and Translational Biology.
In Vitro/Ex Vivo Assays
VS provides assessment of serum or therapeutic compound effects on lipoprotein function using the most current in vitro/ex vivo assays:
– ABCA1 cellular cholesterol efflux
– Global cellular cholesterol efflux
– SR-BI cellular cholesterol efflux
– Ex Vivo LCAT activity
– SR-BI mediated cellular cholesterol uptake
– Cell-free HDL Inflammatory Index (HII)
Preclinical In Vivo Approaches
VS offers preclinical in vivo approaches to assess lipoprotein function in response to therapeutic compounds that can be performed using the most relevant rodent models of atherosclerosis:
– Reverse Cholesterol Transport (RCT)
– Lipoprotein Clearance (HDL, LDL, VLDL)
– Atherosclerosis lesion progression and regression
Newly Licensed First-in-class in vivo technology to measure RCT in humans is breakthrough for assessing cholesterol efflux and RCT selectively from macrophages, and is suitable for clinical trials.
Additional Assays Available
Additional in vitro and cell-based assays available:
– Human Aortic Endothelial Cell cytokine / adhesion molecule expression assays
– Macrophage cytokine and adhesion molecule expression
– Serum Lipid and Lipoprotein quantitation
– Lipid transfer proteins (CETP, PLTP)
– Lipase activity assays (EL, HL, LPL)
– Serum Apoprotein ELISAs (apo A1, apoB48, apoB100, apo E, apo C3)
VS will also acquire or develop new assays/methodologies to meet client needs.